Junior Project Coordinator/ Renewables Designer
We’re part of the energy transition - whether it’s a transmission line corridor, energy storage, solar, microgrid, wind development, or any combination. Our goal is to create and improve power infrastructure, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
The Stantec Energy unit is seeking a Junior Project Coordinator/ Renewables Designer to join our Renewable Energy team in Canada. The Renewable Energy team works closely with other offices and disciplines to study and design commercial solar, utility solar, onshore wind, offshore wind, energy storage and renewable energy microgrid projects globally. The Junior Project Coordinator / Renewables Designer position is to support putting together proposals, coordinating project work, and helping with design work including feasibility, conceptual and detailed design of renewable energy systems ranging from 100kW to 500MWac.
Your Key Responsibilities
Business Development Support
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs, evaluate alternative solutions, and deliver value added services
- Coordinate with business development leaders, project managers and designers to write proposals (scoping, scheduling, and pricing)
- Understand project business structure and risks
Project Management/ Coordination
- Create and execute project execution plans, including work plans (work breakdown structure), resource plans, risk management plans, etc.
- Ensures project documents, including contracts and additional service requests are approved, and filed in accordance with Stantec processes and procedures
- Help manage renewable energy projects
- Work towards becoming a Stantec Project Manager by gaining work experience in support roles and doing Stantec’s internal project management training
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope:
- Coordinate the receipt of documentation, document control, RFIs (Requests for Information), and submittals
- Provide project status reporting as-required by the client
- Develop and maintain a project schedule to track all Stantec’s deliverables
- Provide resource coordination for Stantec’s project team
- Manage the project under Stantec’s Integrated Management System: Quality Reviews, Independent Reviews, Health & Safety, Occupational Health & Safety requirements, and Environmental and Sustainability compliance.
- Updates project financials on a regular basis (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly) using Stantec’s proprietary tools
- Help manages project budget and schedule including tracking, forecasting, and reporting of team hours and expenses
- Monitor project performance indicators (KPIs)
- Ensures timely and accurate invoicing and monitors receivables and collection of invoices
- Facilitate and hold regular team and client meetings
- Keep project team well informed of changes and updates
- Report project status to the client and internal leadership on a regular basis
- Take meeting minutes
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information
- Draft layout drawings and electrical single line diagrams in AutoCAD utilizing Stantec standards
- Understand renewable energy design sequence
- Study renewable energy project performance utilizing Excel, PVsyst, Helioscope and HOMER Pro
- Write feasibility studies
- Perform renewable energy capital cost estimates and financial forecasts
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Project management experience
- Renewable energy design experience
- Good writing and communication skills in English
- Experience with MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, ETAP, PVSyst, Homer, Helioscope, Wind Pro or other simulation and design software would be an asset
Education And Experience
Electrical Technologist degree from an accredited College
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton
Organization : BC-1265 Energy-CA Prairies & Territories
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 19, 2023, 8:02:23 AM
Req ID: 23000047
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Your application has been successfully submitted.