Job Title: Manager, Programs
Reports to: Director, Program Development
Salary Range: $60,000 – $65,000 annually
Hours: 35 per week (permanent, full time)
Location: Charlottetown, PEI
About Clean Foundation:
Clean Foundation helps the communities in which we work make real progress toward a cleaner future by taking on climate change challenges. We bring specialized teams together to work on complex problems, delivering clean projects and programming for communities. We’re here to make the biggest impact for a cleaner world.
Learn more about us and the work we do: cleanfoundation.ca
Clean is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. Qualified self-identifying First Nations, Metis and Inuit, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and LGBTQ2+ applicants will be strongly considered for this position. If you are a member of one of the equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Director of Program Development, the Manager, Programs is responsible for oversight and delivery of all project activities associated with Clean’s expansion into Prince Edward Island. This newly created role will ensure that all projects meet or surpass targets, and that projects and their activities are in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization.
The ideal candidate has prior leadership experience in a wide range of environmental programs including all phases of development, delivery and evaluation. The individual that we are seeking should be strategic in supporting the development of Clean in Prince Edward Island and be versatile and adaptable to a variety of tasks as the office grows and evolves. The candidate should understand the importance of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of programs in PEI to ensure project milestones, deliverables and contractual requirements are met and proactively identify challenges and implement strategies to mitigate risks.
- Ensure regular communication with partners, funders and other stakeholders to develop programs and ensure smooth project delivery.
- Provide supervision and support for future staff and volunteers as needed.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team to support the development of content for the website, education materials and other communications as needed.
- With the support of the Director of Program Development and the Chief Operations Officer, create annual budgets, work plans, strategic goals and contribute to program development and evaluation.
- Ensure all projects are operating within assigned budgets and proactively identify any issues to the Director of Program Development.
- With the support of the senior management team, support the growth of the PEI Division of Clean by responding to request for proposals, creating project pitches, building Clean’s network of subject-matter experts, grant-makers, and other stakeholders and rightsholders.
- Conduct ongoing research and networking in order to stay current on key subject matter issues.
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Participate and attend Clean’s training courses as required.
- Perform other job duties in support of the organization.
- Other accountabilities as assigned.
Personal Attributes and Capabilities:
- Experienced in program development, delivery and evaluation in a wide variety of environmental programs.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a track record of contributing to a healthy and positive workplace culture.
- Ability to build effective partnerships with potential and current clients and funders of Clean.
- Versatile and adaptable to a wide variety of tasks.
- Effective supervision capabilities with future interns and employees.
- Ability to operate with autonomy and oversee multiple initiatives/priorities.
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills.
Education and Qualifications:
- At least five years experience in program development and delivery in areas related to environmental programs.
- Post-secondary degree with a concentration in environmental management or a related discipline, with a strong understanding of the environmental sector on Prince Edward Island.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 programs (Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint), in addition to HRIS and payroll systems.
If you’re interested in our current position of Manager, Programs with Clean, please submit your cover letter and resume on or before February 25, 2023. We appreciate all interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Real Progress to a Cleaner Future