Project Manager, Building Sciences
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
WSP is currently seeking a Project Manager to join our Building Sciences group, located at our Dartmouth office. Reporting to the department manager this position will be responsible for contributing to the Building Envelope specialty consulting services for new and different types of buildings across Canada.
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future. We offer flexible work options including remote work.
A Day In The Life
- Oversee construction projects and deliver cutting-edge building science services, including restoration engineering and building envelope design and renewal;
- Expect to become a trusted partner to Canada’s leading asset managers who are investing in the development and improvement of billion-dollar national building portfolios;
- Be involved with other teams, particularly those providing Property Condition Assessments, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical Engineering services;
- Communicate effectively with the team and collaborate with senior technical resources from across the country to ensure quality of deliverables and best-in-class service;
- Conduct roof / building envelope investigations and field reviews to determine design and repair options;
- Prepare client proposals, investigation reports and construction documents;
- Provide technical advice to clients and direct project teams (consultants and contractors);
- Manage the contract administration and quality of restoration projects at the construction stage;
- Evaluate contractor performance to ensure project deliverables and quality standards are achieved;
- Keep the client informed of site issues impacting project quality and resolve issues as required;
- Make contributions to company knowledge management and practice systems;
- Contribute to the firm’s reputation in the market and maintain client base;
- Provide technical support to project team members;
- Integrate, coach and develop employees through daily project work;
- Apply Triple Bottom Line (financial, social and environmental) thinking to each client project; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- You will always ensure health and safety policies are followed at all sites and take WSP's Life Saving rules to heart;
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Building Science, Architectural Science, Diploma in Architectural / Engineering Technology or a construction-related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in building sciences, engineering or architecture;
- P.Eng. designation is an asset;
- Proven success managing restoration and construction projects involving large commercial, institutional and residential buildings;
- In-depth knowledge of building materials and constructions processes for design and/or repairs of roofs and / or building envelopes;
- Ability to quickly identify and understand project issues and opportunities;
- A team player who thrives on working with other successful, energetic people; and
- An excellent communicator, with strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment. You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Your application has been successfully submitted.