Graduate Environmental Engineer or scientist
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
GHD, named in MediaCorp Canada's 2020 Top Employers for Young People and Canada’s 2022 Top 100 Employers, isgrowing, andd we are excited to have an opportunity to expand our team in Toronto, Ontario through the addition of new or upcoming engineering graduates to our Contamination, Assessment and Remediation group.
Our Waterloo team specializes in environmental assessments, risk assessments, risk management planning and implementation, and remedial design and implementation for public and private sector clients across Canada and the US.
We are a diverse and cohesive team inspired by providing an exceptional client experience while remaining focused on our collective and individual career progression. With no one day like the last, this role is well suited to individuals who are eager to learn quickly, can remain adaptable, have exceptional communication skills, and thrive in an organized and well-structured team environment.
The successful candidate will:
- Support a wide range of environmental projects
- Complete field work and oversight associated with environmental investigations, monitoring sites, and remediation activities, which may include drilling, soil sampling, well installation, groundwater sampling, surface water sampling, excavation, vapour sampling, etc.
- Assist in project set up, coordination, work plan development, data assessment, and reporting activities
- Collaborate with a variety of project teams and build relationships with our GHD network, subcontractors, and clients
- Be supported with staff mentorship and GHD technical and health & safety training programs
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- B.Sc. or B.A.Sc. in geoscience, environmental science, civil/environmental engineering, science, or relevant discipline relevant to environmental site assessment or remediation
- Eligibility of P.Eng. or P.Geo. designation considered an asset
- Excellent communication (both verbal and written) and report writing skills
- Willingness to travel to undertake fieldwork is required
- Excellent English writing and strong verbal communication skills
- Valid driver's license (a MVR check will be performed prior to hire)
- Strong commitment to client service excellence
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
More about Life and Work @GHD
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Our Commitment to you
Who We Are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
GHD Expertise and Service Lines
Covid Vaccine Position Statement
In response to the evolving Covid-19 pandemic, GHD has established an Operating Procedure confirming it will comply with vaccination requirements for any work which is subject to either (i) municipal, provincial, or federal government mandates or (ii) client requirements which require vaccination to perform such work, either on a client site or any workplace (“Work Requiring Vaccination”). To the extent allowed by law, GHD employees performing Work Requiring Vaccination will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may be required to show proof of vaccination prior to engaging in this work. GHD will consider reasonable accommodation requests in the event you are unable to be vaccinated on the basis of a protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.