Project Manager - Renewable Energy
ABO Wind is a globally successful renewable energy project developer with more than 1,000 employees. Since 1996, the company has developed and sold wind, solar, storage, and biogas projects with a capacity of more than 5,000 megawatts. We have also constructed approximately half of these projects. Our team works with enthusiasm on site acquisition, planning, engineering, financing and the construction of facilities for a sustainable energy supply.
To strengthen our team in Canada we are seeking a full-time Project Manager. The preferred candidate would be Ontario-based.
Our people are diverse, talented, and committed to building an equitable, safe, and inclusive workplace that enables us to attract, retain, and develop a workforce that reflects the places where we do business. Our mission is to create and foster a culture that exemplifies teamwork, embraces innovation, and values equity, diversity, and inclusion to achieve excellence in our people and our projects, and to promote our values with the contractors and service providers that work with us.
Project Manager - Renewable Energy
- Lead staff and potential partners in acquisition of land, development services, engineering, permitting, and financing of wind, solar, and storage projects across Ontario
- Identify potential sites with good renewable resource, access to electrical grid, landowner support, and high constructability to develop competitive projects
- Create and update schedules, budgets, and spend forecasts
- Responsible to secure land rights; Land lease negotiation and liaison with landowners, agents, and solicitors
- Engaging and managing consultants and review of expert studies and impact assessments
- Consultation with local government councils, grid operators and regulatory bodies
- Liaison with local communities, consultees, and other stakeholders
- Public relations including holding open houses and conducting local stakeholder consultation
- Answering internal and external inquiries related to planning and technical project issues
- Review and assessment of technical documents from external consultants
- Public relations including holding open houses and conducting public consultation
- Close cooperation with and reporting to German headquarters
- 3-5 years of experience working in power and/or renewable industry on complex projects including project development, management, coordination, or oversight
- Enthusiastic about the future of renewable energy and dedicated to pursuing a career in sustainable energy
- An academic degree preferably with a discipline in sustainable energy, engineering or finance
- Strong knowledge of provincial and Canadian legislation regarding renewable energy development, specifically relating to the IESO, OEB, Hydro One, NRCan, Clean Energy Regulation, Ministry of the Environment Conservation and Parks (MECP), bylaws of Association of Municipalities Ontario (AMO)
- Experience working with First Nations and Indigenous communities
- Ability to accurately record and prepare technical documentation
- Excellent English language skills (required); German is an asset
- Proven ability to perform interdisciplinary work
- Strong entrepreneurship and negotiation skills, especially when dealing with landowners and consultants
- Willing to travel throughout Ontario on a regular basis; Infrequent but regular travel to Calgary and/or Frankfurt
- Interested in working with in an international team
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Annual bonus based on company performance
- Company funded savings plan
- Paid vacation, flex days, health and dental care, and life insurance
- Friendly & professional atmosphere
- International non-hierarchical working culture in a European-based company
- Remote Working with option for travel to office locations
We are looking forward to your application!
Your application has been successfully submitted.