Carbon Reduction Engineer
About the job
At Drax, we are working towards a zero-carbon, sustainable future and you can help make this future a reality. So, are you ready to join us on our journey to net zero?
Reporting to the Technical Manager, the Carbon Reduction Engineer is responsible for the development and deployment of projects that reduce the Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions for our pellet production facilities.
So, what will you be doing?
- Managing projects relating carbon accounting, target, settings, net zero road mapping and environmental attribute project development
- Project manage resources, schedules, sub-contractors, budgets, and risks
- Preparation and submission of proposals for new projects
- Work collaboratively as part of a team and share knowledge with colleagues
- Ability to identify best practices within industry and a proven ability to apply across multi-site/account scope
- Support and implement the Drax Biomass safety culture and policies to implement remedies for a “no Loss” safety culture during the construction and commissioning phases
- Build and maintain relationships with Drax senior management in order to maintain a high level of feedback and recommendations
Measures of Success:
- Reduce energy consumption and GHG emissions at Drax pellet plants within 12 months
- Exudes high integrity and strong ethics; pre-disposed to the company’s core values and culture
- Proven Listener who is open to feedback and works tirelessly to make those around them better
What you bring to the role:
- Degree in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering
- 3 years’ experience in executive sustainability and carbon development projects
- Familiar with sustainability/ESG reporting framework and standards
- Knowledge in emerging sustainability and carbon market trends / standards/ policies
- Knowledge in carbon accounting and GHG Protocol
- Knowledge in lifecycle assessment
- Knowledge in Science Based Target Settings
- Knowledge of climate-related risks, opportunities, and resiliency assessment
- Knowledge of nature-based solutions
- Knowledge in carbon credit project development
- Knowledge in Energy Sector
- Good interpersonal skills
- Confidence to engage with different external clients, agencies, and partners
How You Need to Act:
Embodies the Drax Values and Behaviours and is a role model for them in all actions:
- We care about what matters – we help each other achieve the things that are important to each of us
- We’re a can-do kind of place – we’re empowered and encouraged to make informed decisions, take action and do the right thing
- We see things differently – we share inspiration and insight right across Drax, and search for new ideas and ways of working
- We listen carefully – we make sure that people feel genuinely heard, acknowledged and that what they say matters
- We do what we say we’ll do – we’re proactive, committed, and reliable –and trust others to be the same
What’s it like to work at Drax?
- If you like a fast-paced, changing environment, come be part of a great team!
- At Drax, we’re at our best when we help each other achieve the things that are important to each of us.
- We’re passionate about our role in providing a supply of stable, renewable energy and if you want to play your part, then why not apply today?
Curious to learn more about us? We recommend you connect with us on LinkedIn for more insights.
The Drax Resourcing team will never use third-party apps to make job offers. The recruitment process with Drax will always include at least one face to face interview, either in person or via an online video call, as well as several phone conversations. Drax will never ask you to download apps to enter timesheet details, or ask you to purchase your own IT equipment. If you have any concerns during your recruitment process or suspect something isn’t right, please contact us via email@example.com to verify the application or details of the person you have been speaking to.
Your application has been successfully submitted.