About the job
Morrison Hershfield is a multi-disciplinary consulting engineering and management firm located throughout the US and Canada. We are a dynamic, employee-owned, team-oriented firm with a diverse project list that ensures you will be working on exciting, high-profile and challenging projects. For more than 75 years, the people at Morrison Hershfield have been the leading force behind our continuous growth and the expansion of our services.
Here at Morrison Hershfield, we are committed to providing flexible work arrangements, to assist employees in fulfilling their multiple responsibilities at work, at home and in the community. Flexible work arrangements provide additional options for work schedules and locations. As we focus on project delivery, clients and staff, we have several working options available for working at Morrison Hershfield.
You're creative, client-oriented and interested in working with a team of technical experts who deliver value through building science consulting services. You're looking for your ideas to be valued, learn new skills and impact the communities you live and work in. Looks like Morrison Hershfield has the perfect opportunity for you!
Kick-start your career at an organization that is proud to be a home for people committed to making a difference. You will have an opportunity to learn your craft, work on a variety of projects that range from thousands to multimillions in fees, develop client relationships with industry leaders and stay inspired every day through practical design and field work. Don't miss out on an opportunity to further your career and have a positive impact on your community. Apply today!
Our Building Specialty Services (BSS) group is one of the fastest growing service offerings at our organization that includes a diverse mix of professionals with practical design, field, and industry research and product development expertise. This group is able to seek the best projects with the best clients because they deliver tools that empower designers to create high performing buildings without compromising budget or function.
Morrison Hershfield’s 70+ years of success as a market leading, employee-owned engineering practice is a direct reflection of our employees’ expertise, dedication, teamwork and innovation.
We value technical growth, entrepreneurial spirit, work-life balance and an environment that supports the development and mentoring of our staff. We are constantly expanding and seeking ambitious, committed individuals that want to excel through challenging opportunities and projects that will allow them to achieve their career goals. Our focus on our people, culture and capabilities allows us to make a difference for our clients and the communities we serve.
Our future starts with you. Your future starts with us.
We are looking for a Junior Sustainability Analyst to join our Sustainability team within the Building Specialty Services group. In this role, you will be responsible to provide technical assistance for project managers and others to develop documentation and deliver key LEED and Sustainable projects from our Ottawa office.
You will be involved in sustainable or "green" building initiatives for existing and new building projects.
- Working with sustainability specialists and the project team to develop a project-appropriate sustainability strategy and energy conservation measures.
- Facilitate Green Building certifications (LEED, WELL, BOMA BEST, Green Globes).
- Evaluating and tracking sustainability measures implemented on projects.
- Communicate sustainability requirements and obligations to client staff, architects, engineers, contractors, industry representatives and construction trades.
- Helping to document submittal for submission to the "green" building certification body (e.g., CaGBC, BOMA, etc.).
- Assist writing proposals and establishing financial budgets.
- Attend pre-construction meetings and document discussions.
- Providing project assistance to project managers in the Building Science team. This may include: facility assessment, building performance evaluations, testing and construction site reviews.
- Assist in small project management and coordination.
- Accountable for the technical quality and accuracy of work performed.
- Works under close supervision, with work regularly reviewed for accuracy, adequacy and conformance with guidelines and procedures.
- Participate in continuing education.
- Periodic out of province travel.
- Perform various office related tasks.
- Other sustainability related duties as assigned.
- Degree and/or Diploma in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or related field.
- Pursuing registration either as a Professional Engineer, Certified Technologist or Registered Architect is a plus.
- Prior experience in work relating to green building.
- An understanding of the role of different building systems and broad understanding of sustainability issues.
- LEED GA designation required.
- LEED Accredited Professional is a strong asset or expected designation within the first few months of employment.
- Some training of knowledge in a field complimentary to green buildings is an asset (e.g., energy modeling, building science / durability, daylighting, etc.).
- Passion towards sustainability and building science.
- Strong work ethic.
- Organizational skills with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks on multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong customer service commitment.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Professional attitude.
Morrison Hershfield is committed to having an inclusive and diverse workforce, with recruitment free of discrimination, ensuring all candidates are given a fair opportunity for employment. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Engineering solutions that make a difference.