Environmental Engineer or Scientist - Junior
About the job
Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents and the Pacific region. Passionate about creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people, delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate.
Due to continuing growth, we are seeking an Environmental Engineer/Geologist/Scientist E.I.T, A.I.T, G.I.T with experience in contaminated sites and remediation to join our Contaminated Assessment and Remediation Team in our Vancouver, BC office.
The successful candidate will:
- Work in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary project team to complete projects incorporating contaminated sites investigation and remediation, solid waste management
- Assist with data compilation, analysis, and evaluation using the application of engineering principles and problem solving skills under the supervision of a project manager
- Prepare technical documents, including draft work plans, reports, and correspondence
- Assist with the development of specifications, proposals, and tender documents
- Prepare project support documents, including health and safety plans
- Connect with vendors and contractors
- Assist with contract administration and cost control
- Assist with field work, including environmental monitoring, drilling oversight, and remediation contractor oversight
- Research, review and understand provincial and federal acts, and regulations
- Participate in design and project management meetings
- Responsible for creating draft reports to be reviewed by supervisor or project manager
- Responsible for creating charts and figures for review by project manager
- Assist in the preparation of project related memorandums
- Assisting Project Manager with proposal writing
- Assist the Project Manager on projects including coordination of field activities, manage field personnel, analytical set up and working with subcontractors
- Coordination of technical resources and personnel including drafting, database, chemistry, and staff through project duration
- Assist with special projects as needed
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering or Environmental Scientist or similar.
- 0-3 years of engineering experience and open to recent grads with co-op experience
- Strong technical writing, data analysis and interpretation skills
- Willing to travel for work and able to conduct fieldwork
- Previous experience in contamination assessment and remediation under the British Columbia or Alberta Contaminated Sites Regulation is an asset
- Previous field experience is an asset
- Must be eligible for EGBC membership
- Must hold a Class 5 BC Driver’s license
As a diverse and inclusive organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
More about Life and Work @GHD
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Our Commitment to you
Who We Are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.
GHD Expertise and Service Lines
Covid Vaccine Position Statement
In response to the evolving Covid-19 pandemic, GHD has established an Operating Procedure confirming it will comply with vaccination requirements for any work which is subject to either (i) municipal, provincial, or federal government mandates or (ii) client requirements which require vaccination to perform such work, either on a client site or any workplace (“Work Requiring Vaccination”). To the extent allowed by law, GHD employees performing Work Requiring Vaccination will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may be required to show proof of vaccination prior to engaging in this work. GHD will consider reasonable accommodation requests in the event you are unable to be vaccinated on the basis of a protected ground under applicable human rights legislation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.