Manager, Energy Transition
About the job
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Policy, the Manager of Energy Transition is responsible for providing oversight and direction to a team of policy experts, creating a culture that harmonizes with the overall mission, vision, strategic priorities, and values of the OEB. As Manager, you will inspire teamwork, collaboration, and innovative thinking to effectively engage stakeholders and create policies to support the energy sector through this time of transformation.
The Energy Transition team is responsible for policy related to the future of the energy sector and the impacts of changes on consumers. This includes energy transition planning, supporting the efficient integration of electric vehicles, providing oversight of Ontario’s wholesale electricity markets and sector partnerships. This work involves supporting a team to develop policy options and recommendations by engaging with industry stakeholders and carrying out research and analysis. The Energy Transition team also provides subject matter expertise and thought leadership to assist executive leadership in achieving the OEB’s objectives.
We are compelled by our desire to become a globally recognized top tier regulatory agency. We are passionate about the environment and motivated by our want to enable innovation within the energy sector. We are committed to the economic and social development of Ontario and work every single day to deliver public value to Ontarians. We are a diverse, driven, transparent, and thoughtful team, and are accountable to each other, the sector, and customers we serve. We are the ONTARIO ENERGY BOARD (OEB).
- Manage a team of policy experts undertaking the planning and delivery of OEB strategic initiatives, while ensuring positive internal collaboration and stakeholder engagement
- Lead initiatives to anticipate and identify emerging needs within the energy sector
- Oversee consultation processes with stakeholders to prepare the sector for the energy transition
- Provide guidance and advice to executive leadership, staff, and external stakeholders on developing areas of regulatory policy
- Manage and inspire a team responsible for issue identification, research, analysis, policy formulation, and project management for the development of regulatory policy approaches
- Provide coaching, mentorship, and ongoing performance feedback to support the team's development and career growth
- Build and foster a collaborative environment that encourages innovation and creativity
- Create an open, collaborative and dynamic team culture that is responsive, flexible, adaptive, and forward thinking to meet evolving needs
- Collaborate with people leaders, staff, and external stakeholders to develop policies and approaches that align with the OEB's goals and objectives
- Establish an environment within and beyond the OEB for developing creative and innovative solutions
- Support senior corporate leaders in the achievement of strategic priorities
- Provide briefings to senior leaders and executives on key issues and presentations to external audiences
- Create and implement practices to promote diversity and inclusion to support a diverse, accessible, and inclusive team
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Public Policy, Commerce, Engineering, Environmental Science, Accounting or related discipline
- A graduate degree or professional designation is preferred
- 7 years’ progressive experience in strategic policy or energy policy development
- 3 to 5 years’ experience managing a team of professionals with a demonstrated ability to lead, coach, motivate, and manage a high-performance team
- Organizational skills to independently plan, prioritize, and organize work in an accurate and detailed manner
- Diplomacy, interpersonal and communication skills to deal fairly, assertively, and constructively with people leaders, staff, and external stakeholders
- Judgment and decision-making skills to balance competing needs and provide recommendations and solutions to complex and highly influential issues
- Political acuity to recognize sensitive situations and recommend appropriate solutions
Your application has been successfully submitted.