Title: Course Coordinator
Location: Remote, anywhere in Canada
Details: Part-time, virtual role
Compensation: To be negotiated
Application: Applicants interested in this position are invited to forward their resume and short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put ‘Course Coordinator’ in the subject line, and tell us where you found this job posting (e.g. LinkedIn, Transition Accelerator website, etc). We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis, until the right candidate is found.
The Transition Accelerator is a charity dedicated to solving Canada’s business and social challenges while moving Canada down viable pathways to reach net-zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050. We work with partners ranging from Indigenous groups, governments, industry, and civil society to co-create practical visions of what we think the future could look like, then build pathways to these new futures. For us, the future is economically strong, with healthy people and communities.
About the role
The Transition Accelerator is seeking a part-time Course Coordinator who will play a key role in supporting the delivery of our online courses. The Coordinator will serve as the primary point of contact for our students and instructors, helping drive student recruitment and responding to requests for information. Exceptional customer service and outreach skills are integral to this position.
Reporting to The Transition Accelerator’s Communications Director, the Coordinator will be highly detail-oriented and a skilled communicator, comfortable taking initiative and able to work independently.
This is a part-time role with the possibility of full-time work as we expand our course offerings.
- Provide timely and professional customer service to incoming requests for information about The Transition Accelerator’s course offerings
- Manage course-related email correspondence, assessing the urgency and importance of requests
- Follow up with interested and potential students via phone and email in English and French to arrange course sessions and explain our course options
- Arrange course schedules to effectively manage course calendars, including coordinating instructor and student schedules
- Use Zoom, MailChimp, Monday.com and Eventbrite to set up and host online courses
- Prepare invoices and handle payment inquiries and troubleshooting (in coordination with our Operations Director)
- Create and email course certificates to students
- Maintain an internal database that tracks student attendance and survey feedback and report on these findings
- Perform basic research into course accreditation options
- Other duties as needed
Required Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- As our courses are offered to French and English-speaking students, excellent written and spoken bilingualism is essential
- Personable, friendly and customer-oriented approach
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and take initiative
- Able to work both collaboratively in a team and independently
- Motivated and proactive, with a solutions-focused attitude
- Highly organized and detailed-oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Powerpoint with a basic understanding of Excel
- Clear and concise writer
- Tech-savvy and able to operate on the online platforms we work with (Monday.com, Zoom, Mailchimp and Eventbrite)
- Skilled administrator
- Experience working with Zoom, Mailchimp, Eventbrite and Monday.com
- Experience in event management, sales, administration or customer relations is a big advantage
- Understanding and interest in climate change and the environment
Location and Travel
Work will be conducted in a virtual environment. The successful candidate is expected to be available for work during normal business hours 8:30 am to 4:30 pm ET. Candidates must be eligible to work in Canada.
Applicants interested in this position are invited to forward their resume and short cover letter to email@example.com. Please put ‘Course Coordinator’ in the subject line, and tell us where you found this job posting (e.g. LinkedIn, Transition Accelerator website, etc.). We will be accepting applications on a rolling basis until the right candidate is found. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The position has a compensation package benchmarked to sector standards. The Transition Accelerator is an equal opportunity employer. Come and join our team!
The Transition Accelerator
The Transition Accelerator is a pan-Canadian organization that works to identify and advance viable pathways to Canada's 2050 climate targets