Community Champion – Clean Energy and Equity Initiatives (four positions available)
Job Title: Community Champion – Clean Energy and Equity Initiatives (four positions available)
Reports to: Manager – Clean Energy and Equity Initiatives
Salary Range: $42,770 annually
Hours: 35 per week (permanent, full time)
Location: Four positions available across Nova Scotia
Anticipated Start Date: Summer 2023
About Clean Foundation
Clean Foundation helps the communities in which we work make real progress toward a cleaner future by taking on climate change challenges. We bring specialized teams together to work on complex problems, delivering clean projects and programming for communities. We’re here to make the biggest impact for a cleaner world.
Learn more about us and the work we do: cleanfoundation.ca
Clean is committed to Employment Equity. Our goals are to offer our employees a living wage and to be inclusive of a diverse workforce that is reflected at all job levels. We welcome candidates from diverse equity groups to apply and encourage you to self-identify in your cover letter or resume. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the hiring process, please let us know.
Help Nova Scotians take on climate change challenges in their communities. The Clean Energy and Equity Initiatives is currently searching for dynamic and effective engagement specialists for the roles of Community Champion.
In this role, you’ll demonstrate a passion for building capacity for clean energy in underserved and underrepresented communities through education and practical experience. You’ll help lead the delivery of clean energy training and share knowledge on the clean energy industry. You’ll be keen to support the work of the Clean Energy and Equity Network (CEEN) to help increase the diversity and inclusionary policies in the energy and efficiency and renewable energy sector in Nova Scotia.
You’ll demonstrate the principles of effective and equitable community engagement. As a keen navigator, you’ll be committed to helping the communities you work in move towards a cleaner future. If you’re looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work and make a lasting impact alongside driven and compassionate like-minded team members, then this could be the job for you.
As a Community Champion, you will:
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the wider community and CEEN.
- Represent the interests, desires, needs and concerns of the community within CEEN.
- Support local needs assessment to inform development of clean energy education.
- Assist in the delivery of the clean energy education developed through the project.
- Bridge the space between developing CEEN’s programming and delivering that programming.
- Help recruit participants for clean energy training programs.
- Represent community renewable energy and equity concerns in local civil society.
- Actively promote renewable energy and energy efficiency through local social media channels.
- Research opportunities for ongoing funding to support activities and long-term plans of CEEN.
- Must be Indigenous or African Nova Scotian to apply.
- Have developed respected connections with a variety of community organizations and community members and are comfortable advocating on behalf of the communities CEEN supports.
- Experience in at least one of the following —areas of clean energy, community engagement or education.
- Experience working with diverse communities.
- Comfortable working with a variety of social media platforms and communication tools.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Must possess a valid NS driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and vulnerable sector check.
The Community Champion will work in a hybrid model with a mix of work from home and in office at one of Clean’s Dartmouth or Sydney offices. Some travel will be required within Nova Scotia.
If you’re interested in our current position of Community Champion – Clean Energy and Equity Initiatives with Clean, please submit your cover letter and resume on or before June 5, 2023. We appreciate all interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Real Progress to a Cleaner Future