FaRM Coordinator - Program Implementation
Farmers for Climate Solutions (FCS) is a farmer-led national coalition working to scale up climate solutions in agriculture. We advance policy proposals to Canadian governments to better support farmers to reduce emissions and build resilience and we encourage farmers to adopt climate-friendly practices through the Farm Resilience Mentorship (FaRM) Program.
FaRM is a free, national training program that works through regional and provincial partners to support farmers to adopt climate-friendly management practices like cover cropping, improved nitrogen management and rotational grazing. FaRM had a successful pilot year in 2022 and is now scaling its efforts to work with more farmers.
FCS is seeking a part time FaRM Coordinator - Program Implementation to support the implementation and ongoing operations of the FaRM program. This is an opportunity to work with partners across Canada to advance climate-friendly farming on millions of acres of farmland.
EXPERIENCE WE ARE SEEKING
The table below describes the mandate of the FaRM Coordinator - Program Implementation, and the experience/qualifications needed to succeed in the job. If you possess approximately 80 percent of the essential experience/qualifications, we encourage you to apply.
The FaRM Coordinator - Program Implementation will report to the FaRM Program Director and collaborate with the rest of the FCS FaRM team to fulfill the following mandate.
FaRM is implemented through Implementing Partners (IPs). The FaRM Coordinator - Program Implementation will steward relationships with FaRM Implementing Partners, by:
- Supporting in drafting and amending IP contracts
- Managing all IP contracts
- Onboarding new IPs
- Meeting regularly with all IPs
- Managing IP Work Plans / budgets
- Supporting IPs to meet deliverables
- Taking IP meeting notes
- Coordinating FaRM IP and participant mailouts of FaRM materials
- Coordinate logistics of training resources, like videos and podcasts
- Managing FaRM participant rewards
- Support in the execution of the equity goals of FaRM through IPs
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in related field (ESSENTIAL)
- 3-5 years experience in a professional environment in a related field (ESSENTIAL)
- Excellent Project Management skills (ESSENTIAL)
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Experience in relationship and/or partnership building and stewardship (ESSENTIAL)
- Experience writing and managing contracts (ESSENTIAL)
2. Support general FaRM program operations, by:
- Scheduling and coordinating FaRM Advisory Body and FaRM staff meetings (incl.drafting agendas, background materials, and minutes),
- Supporting translation coordination with the Communications team
- Supporting budget management and reporting, including tracking expenditures and drafting projection scenarios
- Supporting reporting on grants
- Managing the FaRM Google Drive, including tracking and executing annual file and folder updates
- Assisting in FaRM Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning by supporting in data collection and aggregating tracking data
- Experience coordinating events and activities such as multi-stakeholder meetings, workshops, conferences and retreats (ASSET)
- General awareness of the diversity of challenges, values, and needs of farming communities and farming organizations in Canada (ASSET)
- Experience working in Canadian agriculture and/or with Canadian agriculture organizations (ASSET)
- Familiarity with challenges and considerations for equity-deserving farmers in Canadian agriculture (ASSET)
- French verbal and written skills (ASSET)
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT AND BENEFITS AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION
This is a Part time 0.6 FTE (3 days/week) contractual position until September 2025, with possibility of renewal should additional funding be secured. You must be based in and have the legal right to work in Canada. Benefits available for this position include:
- Extended health, pharmaceutical, and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Defined contribution pension plan
- 4 weeks of annual vacation, as well as emergency and sick leave (plus office closure between Dec 25th and Jan 1st)
- Parental leave
- Flexibility regarding working hours and location
- Salary starts at $39,544.88
- Benefits and protections as a member of Union of Public Service Alliance of Canada
FCS staff work remotely from locations across Canada. Staff require reliable internet service that allows for smooth online video and audio communication. FCS staff receive a computer if requested, a contribution to a phone plan, and other support to facilitate work from home.
All FCS staff are currently hired by SeedChange, the Secretariat of FCS. All staff receive the benefits of SeedChange employment (as described above) and are required to adhere to SeedChange policies. As a result of rapid growth, FCS is currently making a transition to becoming its own organization, independent from SeedChange. The FaRM Coordinator - Program Implementation will be hired by SeedChange, as an employee of SeedChange, but will be part of FCS’ transition to become an independent organization. As FCS transitions to its new organization, the conditions offered at SeedChange are the baseline for what will be expected at our new organization. This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future of our organization and build a workplace that works for our team.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY
FCS works within, and is representative of, a Canadian agricultural sector that has significant work to do to advance action for reconciliation and decolonization, improve intersectional analysis, and amplify the voices and leadership of equity-deserving farmers (i.e. young farmers, women farmers, farmers with disabilities, Black farmers, Indigenous farmers and food providers, farmers of colour, small-scale farmers, and 2SLGBTQ+ farmers). FCS is committed to policy and programming that acknowledge and serve the diversity within our sector, and this ongoing work is being implemented through FCS’ Equity Project.
FCS believes that our sector, and our work as a coalition, will be stronger with decreased barriers to entry and better opportunities to succeed for equity-deserving individuals. We encourage people who belong to an equity-deserving group to apply to join our team, and to self-identify in your application if you wish. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
To apply for the position please click on this application link: weseedchange.bamboohr.com/careers/29
Please include a Resume and cover letter referencing your motivation to apply for this role, reflections on your relevant experience and skills, and any other information you would like to share.
SeedChange/ Farmers for Climate Solutions is committed to promoting justice, non-discrimination, equal opportunity and equal participation on employment matters. SeedChange recognizes that the process of preparing for a job interview not only requires investment of valuable time and effort but is stressful on the part of the candidates and might involve incurring financial costs. In this regard, as a token of our appreciation for your efforts all candidates who participate in a job interview with SeedChange/ Farmers for Climate Solutions will receive an amount of CAD$100.
Deadline for applications is April 24. Interviews of short-listed candidates are anticipated to be held during the weeks of May 8 and 15, 2023.
Only candidates short-listed for the position will be contacted. We are unable to accept questions about the position or recruitment.
Thank you for your interest in working with Farmers for Climate Solutions !