Project Manager in Energy Efficiency, Buildings
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team that is locally dedicated with international scale? Join WSP, one of the largest engineering and professional services firms in the world!
At WSP, our Energy Efficiency, Buildings teams, located across the country, bring together professionals of all abilities and backgrounds to meet the needs of our clients. These teams include mechanical, electrical and construction engineers, technicians from various disciplines, planners, refrigeration and building automation professionals, energy modelling experts and building sustainability specialists. We are involved in conducting pre-project assessments and completing construction, expansion and renovation mandates. We work on all types of commercial, institutional and industrial buildings for private and public contracts. We offer comprehensive energy efficiency services including audits, energy accounting for carbon and water, recommissioning, energy monitoring, commissioning, energy modelling, building certification (LEED, BOMA BEST, WELL, Fitwel, Zero Energy, Zero Carbon, etc.), financial assistance arrangements, and expert reviews for utility companies, the CaGBC, etc.
Given the growing needs in our sector, we are seeking a person with a curious mind and a keen interest in optimizing mechanical and electrical building systems and energy efficiency and its inherent challenges to fill a position on our team as an Energy Project Manager in Energy Efficiency, Buildings.
- Carry out various activities related to energy efficiency in buildings;
- Realize energy audits (identification of measures, energy accounting, technical and economic analysis) for various types of buildings;
- Conduct commissioning and recommissioning activities;
- Analyze existing buildings’ utility bills and propose rate optimization solutions;
- Contribute to the implementation of energy metering and submetering projects for commercial, industrial and institutional buildings;
- Use well-known softwares to create energy modelling;
- Conduct energy efficiency monitoring activities;
- Prepare documents to obtain financial assistance related to energy efficiency;
- Conduct designing strategies for implementing energy efficiency measures;
- Draft energy retrofit feasibility reports and concept recommendations for projects;
- Perform any other related duties deemed relevant to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or any other training deemed equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant experience in energy efficiency
- Experience in consulting engineering (considered an asset)
- Be a member in good standing of a professional order (considered an asset)
- Initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills;
- Knowledge of IESVE, eQuest, and RETScreen softwares (considered an asset)
- CEM, LEED PA, CMVP and accredited recommissioning professional certifications (considered a plus).
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment. You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.