Energy Assessor and Mentor
ABOUT KAMBO ENERGY GROUP
Kambo Energy Group is an equity-based social enterprise that designs and delivers solutions to reduce energy poverty and improve housing in communities historically missed. We work with Indigenous Nations, lower income households, immigrants, and new Canadians. Empower Me, Community Power, and the Home Upgrades Program operate as divisions of Kambo Energy Group. Across all its divisions and programs, Kambo Energy Group places people at the center, equipping and empowering them to make smart, safe, affordable energy choices. Come help us realize our vision of providing clean and accessible energy choices for everyone.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and the Construction Manager, this role will support the delivery of the Home Upgrades Program and the Empower Me Program in Calgary.
The Home Upgrades Program is designed to relieve energy poverty by delivering no-cost home energy upgrades to lower income households to reduce energy consumption and improve affordability. Empower Me is an energy education program designed for multi-lingual communities in Alberta.
This role will support both programs by coordinating the Home Upgrades Program in Calgary and supporting Empower Me by delivering educational workshops to immigrants and newcomers. Coordinating the Home Upgrades Program in Calgary will include home assessments and some installation of basic energy efficient upgrades such as air sealing and weatherstripping. Support for Empower Me will include delivering educational workshops to help participants reduce their energy usage, and improve home safety, health, and comfort. The ideal candidate is positive, enthusiastic, and able to maintain calm under pressure. They are enthusiastic to share knowledge and to make people’s home more safe and energy efficient.
This role is responsible for:
- Performing home assessments and prioritizing energy savings.
- Manage some scheduling between contractors and homeowners.
- Performing condition assessments on homes in Calgary.
- Assessing the general condition of various housing components such as windows and doors, attics, basements and crawl spaces, heating systems, insulation, etc.
- Completion of basic energy upgrades; skills such as cutting, measuring, caulking and insulation installation.
- Acting as a liaison between construction contractors and the client and playing the role as an owner’s representative.
- Support the completion of comprehensive energy efficiency upgrades.
- Managing relationships with our clients as it relates to project work.
- Conduct educational workshops with community groups online and in person.
- Promote the Empower Me program within your community.
- Plan and attend community events as a representative of Empower Me and the Home Upgrades Program. Report on relevant experiences.
- Maintain accurate records through data entry and record keeping.
- 2-3 years of direct experience in residential construction or construction management is an asset.
- A thorough understanding of residential construction best practices is critical.
- Courteous and punctual
- Experience using MS Word and Excel and the ability to quickly learn how to use a variety of software is required.
- Having Red Seal, Building Inspector or Project Management certification is an asset.
- Experience with client management and customer service is an asset.
- Understanding of Alberta housing requirements, energy efficiency, and/or energy poverty is an asset.
- Familiarity with energy, sustainability, and conservation or willingness to learn.
- Decision making based on logic and common sense
- A self-starter who takes initiative to get things done.
- Must have a valid Class 5-passenger vehicle licence and must have own transportation.
- Outreach, networking or sales experience is an asset.
- Work or volunteer experience with community-level groups is an asset.
- Experience as a LINC instructor, or similar type of experience is an asset.
- Ability to communicate in more than one language is an asset.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Comfortable with public speaking and giving presentations.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
To be successful in this role, you must be able to think creatively and pragmatically to solve unique challenges, be an exceptionally strong communicator who is skilled at relating to diverse groups of people and align with Kambo’s vision of ‘clean and accessible energy choices for everyone’. You are a natural leader, with a knack for exceptional customer communications, are interested in improving the lives and homes of others and enjoy taking ownership of work in a dynamic and autonomous setting. You work well with small, collaborative teams and can embrace a diverse range of responsibilities. This is a remote position that requires in home assessments and upgrades, and educational workshop delivery for the Empower Me Program.
Kambo is a diverse workplace committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you’re interested in working with a team of passionate people who are building something amazing and having fun while we do it, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kambo Energy Group
A social enterprise that delivers turn-key energy solutions for residential communities and commercial buildings