Electrical Engineer - Hybrid
Welcome to a place where people are at the heart of everything we do.
Welcome to people with an inspiring vision and who seek stimulating challenges. At CIMA+, you’ll find a place where you’ll have many opportunities to learn and develop while working on engaging projects.
We are a firm 100% owned by its employees and we value a collaborative and entrepreneurial mindset. You will have the flexibility to manage your work on your own terms and define what work-life balance means to you.
When you join CIMA+, we welcome you to a place that you can call home.
The Electrical Engineer will have a strong understanding of the engineering environment in electrical design of renewable generation, substations and low/medium voltage distribution and will be working with multi-disciplinary teams to design in accordance with clients’ requirements and applicable codes and standards. This is a hybrid position that will be based out of our Mississauga, ON office.
- Develop preliminary and detailed design drawings (e.g. SLD, general arrangements, elevations, 3-line diagrams, schematics, etc)
- Prepare reports and specifications
- Assist with proposals, scheduling and engineering cost estimates
- Produce bills of materials
- Perform ampacity and voltage drop calculations and other system calculations
- Perform site visits to validate scope requirements and determine existing conditions, inspect construction prepare site survey reports, and participate in commissioning activities
- Liaise with clients, regulatory authorities, and utilities
- Ensure designs conform to all applicable codes, client standards and CIMA’s quality management system
- Coordinate with other disciplines and stakeholders either internal or external
- Assist in training junior staff
- Complete applications for ESA or municipal construction permits
- Perform and assist with additional duties and tasks based on project requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical layout, preferably in the energy sector, and including low and medium voltage layouts, single lines
- A post-secondary diploma in electrical technology (power generation or distribution system preferred). We will consider a combination of education and experience in performing similar work equivalent to our requirements
- Registered member of a Professional Engineering Association in Canada
- Familiarity with low and medium voltage indoor distribution equipment (panels, switchgear, etc.)
- Familiarity with cable routing, detailed design of conduit & tray systems, cable terminations and supports, etc.
- Working knowledge of the OESC, CSA and IEEE standards, typical equipment dimensions, connection details
- Knowledge of principles and practices of electrical construction especially replacement projects
- Working knowledge in AutoCAD and MicroStation design software
- Familiarity with outdoor substation design an asset
- Equipment commissioning and grounding grid testing experience is an asset
- Knowledge of renewable technologies such as hydroelectric, wind, solar and energy storage are an asset
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; Knowledge of French is an asset
- Excellent problem solving skills, capability to work independently and in a team, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Client focused and flexible to respond to short notice assignments and to project based client demands
Ethics and integrity are fundamental values at CIMA+, and we are looking for people who uphold these principles. We are committed to creating opportunities for all our talents to contribute to the firm’s success, develop and grow, regardless of cultural or other differences. We fully endorse employment equity principles and encourage women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, and persons with disabilities to apply for any position offered at CIMA+. Adaptation measures are provided upon request to facilitate participation in the recruitment process.
Contact Ven Thambithurai