Senior Energy Manager
Venor is proud to partner with EfficiencyOne (E1) in their search for a Senior Energy Manager to join their team. E1 is a leading efficiency enterprise supplying cost-effective energy efficiency and carbon mitigation services in Nova Scotia and beyond. To date, E1 has achieved over $1 billion in energy savings and contributed to 24% of Nova Scotia’s GHG emission reductions. E1 is transforming the way people use energy and working with customers to combat climate change.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Reporting to the Manager of Energy Management Service, the Senior Energy Manager is responsible for developing and managing the performance of the on-site engineering team. They also provide engineering support to other E1 departments and subsidiaries as required and are responsible for reporting on and addressing any team performance-related issues.
- Recognize team accomplishments, set annual performance goals for all team members, and provide ongoing coaching, challenging assignments, and opportunities for learning and development to help employees achieve personal, team, and corporate goals.
- Oversee target plans and identify potential risks of not meeting energy and budget targets and develop mitigation strategies where applicable.
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers to develop, negotiate, and administer
OEM and IEM contracts.
- Provide strategic support to customer portfolio and perform routine engagement with partners (clients and placement sponsors) to evaluate customer satisfaction.
- Develop and oversee funding mechanisms for energy management placements.
- Share technical advice on emerging and existing technologies, program delivery frameworks, algorithms used in claiming savings, and process improvements.
- Support Service Delivery and Regulatory teams during impact evaluations and verifications, which could include technology research, technical analysis, discussions with the evaluator and verifier staff, and reviewing and commenting on technical aspects of evaluator and verifier reports.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering and eligible to practice as a Professional Engineer in Nova Scotia, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of ten (10) years of relevant engineering experience
- Strong leader with demonstrated experience effectively delegating, coaching and providing clear direction and oversight to a team of direct reports ensuring an alignment of department goals with organizational strategic priorities
- Excellent understanding of best practices in demand-side management program design, administration, and evaluation
- Proficient with the use of RETScreen Expert or other energy modeling software
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, take initiative, handle multiple tasks, and work to a high standard in an environment with tight timelines/deadlines
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle are required
Nice to Have:
- Experience leading a team that manages and administers energy efficiency programs or delivers related engineering services
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) designation
- Industry/technical knowledge related to energy efficiency measures, energy auditing, energy modeling, facility/portfolio energy benchmarking, and evaluating energy savings for efficiency measures
- Direct experience working with the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board on demand-side management initiatives or working with the Provincial government on energy efficiency programs
We embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities.
If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
Your Future, Our Focus