Program Associate - Clean Energy Improvement Program
Reporting to the Program Lead - Clean Energy Improvement Program, the Program Associate supports the Program Lead(s), Program Manager, and Director with the design, implementation, and ongoing management and performance of the Clean Energy Improvement Program.
The Sustainability Services business unit of Alberta Municipalities houses the Clean Energy Improvement Program (CEIP). CEIP is an innovative program that allows property owners to access competitive, long-term financing to make energy efficiency and renewable energy upgrades, with upgrades repaid through their property tax bill. Personal values aligned to sustainability, climate change, renewable energy, and energy transition are highly valued within the business unit and role.
Practical / Technical Knowledge
- A degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related discipline.
- Education emphasis on sustainability, climate change, energy policy, energy efficiency and renewable energy, or financing solutions would be an asset.
- Technical certification in building sciences, trades or renewable energy would be an asset.
- Experience related to program design and implementation would be an asset.
- Highly competent computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Project Management).
Planning, Organizing, and Integrating
- Working level knowledge of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies, and related policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of Alberta’s Clean Energy Improvements Regulation 212/2018 and property assessed clean energy programs (PACE) would be an asset.
- Ability to problem solve collaboratively and demonstrate sound judgement, innovation/creativity, and an ethical approach, knowing when to escalate matters to the Program Lead or Program Manager.
- High attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and thoroughness.
- Collaborative and open-minded team player who is committed to the achievement of team goals and works well with others.
- Highly organized team player with the ability to work on multiple projects and timelines.
- Eager to stay abreast of trends, risks and innovations in energy efficiency and property assessed clean energy.
- Ability to be resourceful and take initiative to proactively address issues and work in a fast-paced environment to manage diverse and complex activities with a positive and “get it done” attitude that is responsive to changing priorities and circumstances.
Communicating and Influencing Skills
- Positive, poised, and professional working style with the ability to protect confidential information and use discretion and tact.
- Strong interpersonal skills for developing effective work relationships with management, service providers, and clients.
- Strong project management skills for planning, organizing, leading and reporting on projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for working with staff at various levels of the organization to present information, create project documents, as well as preparing and editing business correspondence and documents.
- Conduct reviews of CEIP project applications (e.g., pre-qualification/project application/upgrade completion forms, equipment spec sheets). This includes correspondences with property owners and contractors to verify information.
- Respond to customer and contractor inquiries (e.g., first point of contact then raises to Program Lead or Program Manager if required).
- Conduct reviews of contractor applications (e.g., review application information, conduct background checks, request documents).
- Conduct background research to support program development, including jurisdictional scans on energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies and programs.
- Review program documentation to ensure accuracy and completion.
- Complete an initial review of program materials (e.g., invoice review, monthly reports, ad hoc requests) and report identified issues to the Program Lead or Program Manager.
- Bring forward areas for improvement and future iterations of the project.
- Coordinate internal data requests (of key program statistics) from other business units, and for external data requests (when required).
- Draft program-related briefing notes, memos, decision notes, presentations, reports, and other documents as required.
- Coordinate meetings on behalf of Program Lead, Program Manager or CEIP Director; prepare meeting materials and take meeting minutes.
- Support Program Lead or Program Manager with the tracking of key program metrics and organizing and managing program data.
- Support Program Lead, Program Manager, or CEIP Director with any ad hoc requests.
- Support Program Manager with managing relationships with municipalities and program stakeholders; this includes development of CEIP programs in municipalities (e.g., supporting bylaw development, presentations, drafting funding applications), and participating in committees and working groups for municipalities interested in participating in the program.
- Serve as an ambassador for all Sustainability Services programs through presentations, trade shows and other outreach activities.
- Other work as assigned by the Program Lead, Program Manager, or CEIP Director.
- This position requires some travel, largely within the province, with occasional overnight and out of province travel. This is largely scheduled and known well in advance.
Position is open until filled.
Applications must be submitted online via LinkedIn: Apply Now
Strength in Members