We're hiring for an Energy Modeler (Advisor, Energy & Carbon Analysis) to join our National Climate Change, Resilience, and Sustainability team!
We're hiring for an Energy Modeler (Advisor, Energy & Carbon Analysis) to join our National Climate Change, Resilience, and Sustainability team! You'll be focused on performing energy modeling and analysis on new buildings and major renovations, working closely with other building energy & carbon analysts, advisors and M&E engineers and helping to develop our practice nationally as we continue to grow and deliver on our customer promise.
In this role, you’ll have a unique opportunity to grow your career and be part of a growing team which delivers world class projects for public and private sector clients. Our Climate Change, Resilience and Sustainability team are well positioned to be the leading climate change consulting team in Canada, including net-zero buildings and decarbonization strategies.
This role can be based in any major city in Canada with opportunities to relocate if desired.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
- You'll be performing energy & carbon modeling and analysis on new building and major renovations including full building retrofits using a wide range of performance simulation tools to analyze energy efficiency;
- As part of a team, you’ll be partnering with our clients to define project targets and success factors;
- You'll perform a wife range of activities related to energy efficiency, carbon reduction and energy resource planning;
- You’ll be supporting the management of budgetary and financial responsibilities for the team as well as providing technical analysis and support during the design and construction process;
- As a key member of the team, you’ll be providing guidance on energy modeling to other project teams as well as being an active member of the integrated design team yourself;
- Improving and contributing to our knowledge management system and practice development, you’ll also support the development of proposals including pricing, scope development and interacting with clients;
- Working as part of a building’s design team, you’ll be key to providing input on energy performance and carbon reduction measures, making sound recommendations for cost efficiencies and improvements;
- You’ll be reviewing design documents (plans, specifications, shop drawings) as they are developed to ensure that the intended energy efficiency and carbon reduction measures are being fully incorporated into the designs;
- You’ll also be updating energy simulations as the design progresses and evolves;
- You’ll be part of a team and pitching in with other duties when needed and;
- You will always ensure health and safety policies are followed and take WSP's Life Saving rules to heart;
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Experience with building energy modeling (at least 6 years) using IES-VE and/or, eQuest along with an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or Applied Science or equivalent qualifications (Experience with EnergyPlus, or TRNSYS an asset);
- Experience with regional and national reference standards such as NECB, ASHRAE 90.1, Toronto Green Standard or BC Step Code;
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical systems and HVAC equipment;
- Understanding and knowledge of Architectural, Mechanical / Electrical Drawings;
- Previous Reliability or Secret clearance status with Public Services and Procurement Canada (PSPC) an asset;
- Prior experience with Building Sciences, Lighting, Electrical Systems, Envelope and Thermal Bridging an asset;
- Previous design, construction or project management experience on new construction or major renovation projects with important sustainability and energy efficiency objects such as LEED, Zero Carbon Building Standard or Passive House an asset;
- Experience with Daylight Modeling and/or Thermal Comfort Modeling an asset;
- Proficient with the MS Office suite of products – bonus if you’re familiar with AutoCAD, Revit or SketchUp;
- A team-oriented mindset – you’ll be a self-starter who can meet deadlines, take initiative, communicate well and can keep yourself and others organized and who has a continuous desire to improve and enhance your skills.
- Registered and are on your way to becoming a professional engineer in Canada (more than one provincial registration considered an asset);;
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment. You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.