Senior Energy Engineer
Introba is the union of Integral Group, a global network of deep green engineers and consultants and Ross & Baruzzini, a technology, consulting, and engineering firm.
Together as Introba, the organization provides world-class building engineering design, analytic, and consulting services at all scales, specializing in net-zero first thinking. Through the cultivation of thought leadership, we deliver sustainable and forward-thinking solutions to the most complex design challenges facing the world’s leading clients and partners.
Our growing Vancouver team is seeking to hire a Senior Energy Engineer to help elevate and expand the green retrofits service offering throughout the Lower Mainland.
Working in close collaboration with Introba’s MEP teams across Canada, this role will see you working on the future of decarbonization projects and energy-efficient solutions for our clients in Canada. You will be excited to develop your skills, under the mentorship of a supportive, collaborative team, and will be ready to take on responsibility for your projects, when required.
Due to the varied nature of the client types, facilities and systems we work with, in addition to Introba’s multi-disciplinary teams and global reach, there will be ample opportunity to learn, grow and develop your career path and specialization in the future.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Good understanding of fundamentals of building physics, thermodynamics and heat transfer.
- Familiarity with building design, HVAC and DDC systems.
- Hands-on problem-solver with an aptitude towards testing and troubleshooting.
- Responsible, accountable, dependable and committed to excellence on all levels.
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills.
- Excellent Organizational Skills; ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects.
- Creative, pragmatic and analytical, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Team player, coachable and adaptable; ability to project a positive service-based attitude.
- Provide all deliverables across the full range studies provided by the team, including Energy, Decarbonization, Portfolio Planning, Recommissioning and Schematic Design, including:
- Conduct site visits to review installed equipment, perform equipment tests and troubleshooting, and assess the building systems to ensure they meet design intent, code requirements, and performance standards.
- Conduct documentation reviews including design drawings and specifications, equipment shop drawings, testing reports, and operation and maintenance documentation.
- Process and analyze energy data, development of energy models, and other simulations, to assess building performance and energy conservation measures.
- Identification, troubleshooting, and resolution of issues related to the mechanical and controls building systems.
- Develop documentation and reports for a variety of project types.
- Work with design team to provide engineering services towards system retrofits, replacement, and upgrades in existing buildings.
- Receive and execute instructions from the Team Leader and be responsible and accountable for completing the assigned tasks with required level of quality and on schedule, under the Team Leader’s guidance and supervision.
- Chair meetings with project stakeholders.
- Coordinate activities with the client, contractors, and other consultants.
- A combination of onsite and office-based project duties as determined by the needs of the project scope.
- This position involves significant client interaction, project management, problem resolution and mechanical related engineering services.
- Contribute in a positive manner with respect to sharing their expertise & experience with internal staff.
- University degree, College/technology diploma in in Engineering, Energy Management or related equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years experience in a similar role.
- Experience in Energy Audits, Decarbonization Studies and/or Recommissioning.
- Experience in Mechanical Design – HVAC/Controls and/or Commissioning.
- Operating knowledge of building energy modeling tools (IESve, eQuest, RETScreen) is an asset.
- Operating knowledge of AutoCAD & REVIT is an asset.
- Ability to read Architectural, Structural, Mechanical and Electrical drawings.
- Technical understanding and experience in troubleshooting mechanical building systems.
- Understanding and experience with building controls systems and programming.
- Ability to identify and apply applicable codes, standards and sustainable building rating systems.
- Eligibility and intent to pursue certification with EGBC.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Must be insurable, bondable and able to qualify for security clearance.
The selected candidate must be authorized to work in Canada
**Please read the job qualifications carefully and apply only if you meet the minimum qualifications listed**
Introba is an equal opportunity employer, and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The Company and its employees are required to comply with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements. You should ask your manager about this prior to starting, should you be subject to the current or potential future requirements.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, wellbeing benefits and an Employee Assistance Program to provide mental wellbeing support, guidance and advice. Our hybrid working patterns and flexible hours help our people to achieve a healthy work-life balance.