Senior Project Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
As a member of the Electrification Distribution Solutions engineering team, you will work on projects to provide to customers in the DC Wayside industry customers with high quality equipment, in order to power up their electrical systems via MV/LV and DC Equipments.
You will be the project lead for all design activities related to the integration of different equipments both for AC and DC applications as well as their sub-systems equipment, related to engineering projects mainly in North America, under the Electrification division, Distribution Solutions unit. Reporting to the Engineering manager, you will drive excellence - ensuring that design activities are efficiently and cost-effectively executed in accordance with customer expectations, contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
- Providing technical solutions in accordance with customer specifications and applicable standards (CSA, IEEE, UL, etc.).
- Conduct thorough technical reviews of proposed solutions and drawings from sub-contractors and factories against specifications and standards
- Be the customer local technical interface for on-going projects.
- Support to the senior field application specialist with application and product management work.
- Making technical recommendations in the testing, installation, and commissioning phases of customer projects to ensure all actions are completed according to process requirements and standards, while identifying improvement opportunities.
- Communicate any product gaps to local product management.
- Review technical details, costs, and deliverables for sales proposals.
- Maintaining and enhancing customer satisfaction by providing excellent service at all stages of the project and tracking quality issues with local quality representative.
- Supporting contract managers with claims related to changes in the project scope, including assessing cost and time impacts, as well as risk quantifications.
- Execute multiple projects with various completion maturity levels.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or similar field.
- Strong ownership sense.
- Structured and organized.
- 2-5 years of experience in project engineering in a similar industrial setting.
- Ability to read, understand and communicate in both French and English.
- Knowledge of ANSI, CSA, UL, IEEE standards, mandatory.
- PEO or OIQ valid membership, mandatory. Other provinces an asset.
- Knowledge of MV/LV Switchgear.
- Knowledge in Protection and Control a strong asset.
- Knowledge of Power Electronics and DC equipment’s a strong asset.
- PLC or Relay Programming a strong asset
- Current class 5 driving license valid in Canada and Canadian work permit.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines.
- A high level of self-motivation, curiosity, and desire to learn about new technologies.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach with strong communication skills to quickly resolve project related activities and issues.
Available in 1 in 3 Locations
- Saint-Laurent, Quebec, Canada
- Brampton, Ontario, Canada
- Burlington, Ontario, Canada
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Publication ID: CA86475909_E1
Important: In order to be employed by ABB you will need to fully comply with/fulfill all local ABB employment requirements/processes.
We are a technology leader in electrification and automation, enabling a more sustainable and resource-efficient future.