Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
As a Commissioning Engineer, you will oversee commissioning in projects with low to medium complexity, and guide Associate Commissioning Engineers and coordinating work with entry-level staff and contractors. You will ensure that commissioning activities are completed efficiently and cost-effectively, in accordance with specifications, standards, and safety requirements.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will assist and coordinate installation activities with the Installation Supervisor/Site Manager, as well as implementing design changes and marking up project documentation.
- Provide on-site / remote technical support for installation and commissioning and conduct routine maintenance autonomously on Excitation Systems, Static Frequency Starters and Synchronizing equipment.
- Assist in continuous improvement of project design, participating in project review meetings, and providing input on commissioning activities
- Create work plans and conduct risk and opportunity assessments during commissioning, reporting potential risks and resolutions
- Coordinate activities focused on customer acceptance
- Provide quality Operation and Maintenance training to customers.
- Identify and recommending solutions to meet business and customer needs, and providing relevant information
- Communicate with contractors/colleagues and provide feedback to the team to apply lessons learned
- Manage office workload post site services. Ability to prioritize and submit all project documentation on time
- Domestic and International travel is required. Travel and work at site outside of regular office hours as required.
- Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Canadian passport required for travel outside Canada.
- Power generation or Electronics is an asset.
- More than two years of experience in field services, working as field service engineer with Power Generation and Power Electronics experience.
- Sound knowledge of and hands-on experience in servicing, maintaining, commissioning and repairing of Power Electronics equipment.
- Knowledge of servicing industrial equipment.
- Strong Software understanding
- Control Systems and PID Control/Calibration understanding
- Proven leadership skills, with a collaborative, solutions-oriented approach and strong verbal and written communication skills in English and French.
- Current Passport/Work Permit valid in Canada and United States of America.
- Ability to travel within Canada and to the United States of America and must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Retirement plan
- Accident insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
For the 8th year in a row, ABB Canada has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers by Forbes Magazine. Also named as Canada's Top 100 Employers, Montreal's Top Employers, Canada's Top Employers for Young People, Canada’s Greenest Employers and in 2021 Best Candidate Experience Award (CandE Award), ABB's culture and commitment are to provide a caring workplace where everyone collaborates, feels valued, respected, included and supported. Also committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to the applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Publication ID: CA86301082_E1
Important: In order to be employed by ABB you will need to fully comply with/fulfill all local ABB employment requirements/processes.
We are a technology leader in electrification and automation, enabling a more sustainable and resource-efficient future.