Manager, Financial Analysis & Energy Transition Funding
Permanent - Full Time
At SaskPower, we generate more than just electricity for Saskatchewan people. We offer some of the best jobs in the province.
Our challenging careers will help you grow while being surrounded by a fully-committed team, committed to safety, openness, collaboration and accountability. If you’re someone who thrives in a team environment and doesn’t shy away from a good challenge, join us!
Apply no later than 06/04/2023 to be considered for this opportunity.
The Manager is accountable to provide leadership and direction to results driven team(s) or function(s). As a member of SaskPower’s management team, this position is responsible to maximize the development, performance, and engagement of staff, including directing work and providing regular performance feedback to ensure alignment with both departmental and corporate goals and objectives.
• Participate in the development, implementation and management of departmental and corporate policies and programs, including the implementation and administration of financial and administrative controls
• Assist assigned staff with career planning, ensuring effective and appropriate succession planning
• Conduct and participate in planning sessions with senior management and assigned staff in order to align work objectives with departmental and corporate strategies
• Promote a proud and productive environment for all employees by fostering engagement and establishing and modelling corporate core values
• Proactively anticipate, resolve, and prevent issues utilizing innovative and practical solutions
• Assist in the development and delivery of presentations to SaskPower’s Executive, Board of Directors and/or other Government committees regarding policies, programs and/or budgets
• Manage resources effectively by identifying efficiencies and best practices for the area of responsibility, focusing on industry best practices and continuous improvement
• Other related duties as assigned
• Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or other related equivalent AND/OR;
• Related professional designation(s) and/or certification(s) AND/OR;
• 7 Years of related experience in business analysis, finance, or project management leadership; prior multi-jurisdictional government collaboration would be considered an asset
• Strong team leader and member with the ability to select and develop staff and influence the performance of others
• Ability to impact and influence employee engagement and development, while focusing on teamwork and holding people accountable
• Results oriented thinker, with the ability to influence and manage complex and confidential issues with sensitivity and professionalism
• Ability to foster a culture focused on safety, innovation, and teamwork
• Demonstrated skill in SaskPower’s competencies
• Must have a continuing record of professional development
A suitable combination of relevant education and experience may also be considered
Candidates under consideration may be required to participate in an assessment process consisting of any/all of the following: interview, abilities test, case study and/or presentation.
SaskPower has identified competencies that enable performance and success within each out of scope role at SaskPower. For more information on these job family competencies and those that relate to the position that you are applying on, please visit: https://www.saskpower.com/Careers/Join-Our-Team/competencies
SaskPower offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Diversity and inclusion are also a priority for us. At SaskPower, we are committed to creating an inclusive workplace and having a workforce representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to selections based on merit and to the full participation of diversity groups. These groups include the four equity groups recognized by the Saskatchewan Human Rights Commission: Indigenous Peoples, Members of Visible Minority Groups / Racialized Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in Under-Represented Roles, as well as LGBTQ persons and Newcomers to Saskatchewan. Visit our website for details.
To learn more about SaskPower, check us out on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/Poweringthefuture
Keep posted on the latest job openings on Twitter: www.twitter.com/saskpower
Please apply by 06/04/2023.