Grow your career. Be the difference. Leading the commercialization of ground-breaking technology that captures CO₂ directly from air is challenging and exhilarating. As a member of the CE team, you’ll be surrounded by smart, adventurous, curious people committed to progressing our Direct Air Capture (DAC) and AIR TO FUELS TM technologies. We’re a diverse team of innovators hailing from around the world with a shared vision, purpose, and commitment to deliver large scale climate change solutions. Our headquarters is in Squamish, B.C., and our presence is expanding in many other markets around the world as we commercialize our technologies
Our culture combines our heritage as a small company with our ambitious goals. We have a passion for what we do and believe our work will have a true and lasting impact on the world. Many of our employees are drawn to CE because of the direct connection between the game-changing work we do and their own personal values.
At our core, Carbon Engineering values integrity, growth, excellence in execution, and fun. This is an environment where people matter, and contributions are noticed. Our employees work hard and are given the opportunity to learn and grow from mistakes. Diversity is embraced, and we value an inclusive work environment where every employee has an equal opportunity to be heard. We work in a dynamic environment and thrive on tackling rewarding and complex problems as a team.
As an Electrical Engineer, you are responsible for the electrical design of Carbon Engineering’s demonstration plant and oversight of EPC partners who are designing commercial plants. Your focus will be completing the electrical engineering necessary to make modifications to and bring new equipment into the demonstration plant, and review the deliverables produced by Carbon Engineering’s partners during Pre-Feed (FEP1/2) of commercial projects.
- Support projects through completion of engineering deliverables
- Design the electrical system to support equipment modifications or new equipment at Carbon Engineering’s demonstration plant
- Provide progress against milestones/deadlines to management.
- Abide by the standards and policies of Carbon Engineering and the projects you are assigned.
- Foster and maintain a positive culture within the Engineering Team; a questioning mindset and recognize failure as a learning opportunity.
- Expect to be on-site in Squamish BC at least 2 days/week and more frequently during commissioning/testing periods.
Environment and Safety:
- Demonstrate a positive safety culture.
- Identify, report, and resolve unsafe conditions, processes or actions within the workplace.
- Ensure that all environmental and safety related incidents, accidents, and near misses are reported in the appropriate timeframe and investigated in line with company policy.
Education and Experience
- BSc in Electrical Engineering or Equivalent
- P.Eng registered or able to register with EGBC and stamp engineering documents
- 5+ years of experience in EPC of commercial plants and plant operations
Joining Carbon Engineering provides you more than a career – it’s a calling for those who are ready to make a difference in climate action. We provide hope.
Carbon Engineering is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.