Product Safety Certifier - HVAC/R
At the heart of CSA Group is a vision: making the world a better, safer, more sustainable place. It's been part of our mission for nearly one hundred years: from the first engineering standard for railway bridges developed in 1919, to more than 3,500 standards, codes & related products today.
Headquartered in Canada, with a global footprint of more than 30 labs and offices across Europe, Asia and North America, CSA Group tests, inspects and certifies a wide range of products - from every day househould items to leading edge technology-to meet exacting requirements for safety, performance and environmental impact.
Our employees take pride in making a difference in people's lives through the work that we do. We're looking for people like you to help make it happen.
Makes technical decisions based on knowledge, training and experience to maintain the integrity of the CSA Mark. The Level III Certifier applies their theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge and practical experience to independently resolve certification problems. Knowledge of all areas of Certification and Testing, such as exposure to laboratory testing, field services and customer visits. Completes edits and reviews technical reports.
Responsible for the certification of fans, refrigerators and HVAC/R equipment to various national and international standards.
- Uses a variety of standard engineering methods and techniques, operating procedures and divisional quality documents in responding to problems and client enquiries.
- Resolves technical issues to determine the appropriate interpretation of technical requirements within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Works with mentor, until qualified, to ensure completion of projects within time frame deadlines.
- Prepares work orders for the test programs, with assistance if required, and collaborates with Lab Staff to determine applicable tests.
- Prepares certification reports, Certificate of Compliance and other related CSA documentation.
- All projects and assignments are reviewed by qualified certifiers for accuracy, completeness and conformance with divisional quality documents.
- Receives technical assistance from qualified technical staff and assigned mentor(s), as required.
- Maintenance/Progression through the CSA Group training system, such as, training from the Learning Institute online/Certifier University in the assigned product/standard area under the direction of mentor and Operations Manager.
- Auditing for SMT, CPC and other CSA programs as required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technologist/Technician diploma or Certified Engineering Technologist/ Technician, Licensed Trades.
- 1-8 years of related experience.
- Technical experience in HVAC equipment and/or Electric Appliance certification preferred
- Knowledge of Laboratory instrumentation, including operating principles and calibration procedures, as well as general Laboratory procedures
- Additional expertise and experience may be required depending on the needs of the business unit
- Experience with the certification processes as it relates to IEC/CSA/UL 60335 series standards.
CSA Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on any grounds stipulated by applicable laws. We are an organization where opportunities are based on skills and abilities, and differences are respected and valued. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require accommodation in the interview process.