Senior Business Development Specialist, Industrial Programs
Are you interested in joining an organization that’s passionate about helping Manitobans save energy, money, and the environment?
Efficiency Manitoba is our provincial Crown corporation focused on working with Manitobans to reduce electricity and natural gas consumption in homes, businesses, and communities across the province.
We’re a dynamic, nimble, action-oriented, and transparent organization that fosters positive engagement, creativity, and diversity across our team and with those we work with.
We’re currently recruiting for a full-time, permanent Senior Business Development Specialist position.
Under the general direction of the Manager of Industrial and Agricultural Programs, and working closely with the Industrial Engineering and Marketing team, this individual is responsible for the strategic identification, development, and management of industrial and agricultural customer relationships. The selected candidate must establish and maintain close working relationships with customers and associations, acting as an ambassador for energy efficiency while encouraging participation in the industrial suite of programs contributing to the achievement of mandated energy saving targets.
The Senior Business Development Specialist will be adept at interacting and communicating with a wide variety of customer contacts, ranging from technical specialists to senior management decision makers, acting as an energy efficiency technical resource and solutions provider. Experience in technical sales with a focus on industrial manufacturing, familiarity with systems that rely on pumps, fans, compressed air, motors, integrated machines, and/or control systems, etc. is an asset.
- Work closely with the Efficiency Manitoba team of engineers and energy efficiency (marketing) specialists to fully understand and promote the industrial and agricultural suite of programming offers and the broader suite of commercial programs available to industrial and agricultural customers.
- Liaise with contractors, customers, and other industry representatives to optimize program delivery and achieve targets.
- Develop, document, and execute prospecting and engagement strategies for the industrial and agricultural sectors.
- Perform basic assessment of industrial operations to identify energy saving opportunities of their energy consuming systems including compressed air, motor driven systems, process heating and cooling systems, as well as other building systems information.
- Establish, build, maintain, and manage working relationships with industrial and agricultural customers to assess opportunities and promote energy efficiency programs adding value as an energy efficiency technical resource and solutions provider.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific customer or customer sub-sector targets, business contacts, and develop tracking and reporting methods.
- Review and monitor electric and natural gas billing for significant industrial and agricultural accounts with respect to energy, demand, power factor, gas volume and load profiles. Gather and study available data, for inputs into engagement strategies to provide guidance and recommendations for energy efficiency programming.
- Prioritize customers, meetings, and contacts based upon Efficiency Manitoba strategies striving to deliver exceptional customer value and program participation which benefit the customer and Efficiency Manitoba.
- Facilitate dialogue, working closely with technical teams and customer representatives to proactively track and monitor status of customer program activities to collaborate, resolve issues, and advance applications.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal teams to address customer issues, program administration, and/or technical support for customer inquiries in a timely manner.
- Administer and coordinate any program applications and participant agreements where required.
- Deliver presentations to a variety of internal and external stakeholders including key customers, associations, and special interest groups to communicate and promote Efficiency Manitoba’s programs.
- Represent Efficiency Manitoba at trade shows and industry sponsored events with confidence and professionalism.
- Share market intelligence with program, technical, and evaluation teams.
- Manage effective utilization of EM’s customer relationship management (CRM) system, including data entry, lead tracking, reporting, and follow-up, and work closely with the program and technical teams to monitor the status of projects.
- Ability to travel and/or attend meetings and functions outside of normal working hours.
- A four-year degree from a university of recognized standing, preferably majoring in Business Administration (commerce) or Engineering, plus a minimum of three years of experience in technical sales or experience directly related to the position responsibilities and requirements. An equivalent combination of education and directly related experience may be considered.
- Completion of sales courses and/or certification would be a strong asset.
- Demonstrated experience in account management with commercial and/or industrial customers.
- Experience in technical sales with a focus on industrial equipment (compressed air, motor driven systems, process heating and cooling systems).
- An understanding of energy and environmental conservation principles.
- Strong technical aptitude: knowledge of or demonstrated ability to learn and understand industrial systems, energy efficient electric and natural gas technologies/ systems, processes, and strategies.
- Proven ability to independently plan, organize, and manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Self-motivated and adaptable team player with a high degree of initiative capable of achieving broadly defined objectives.
- Ability to maintain and build effective business relationships with customers, management, and co-workers.
- Ability to lead and facilitate meetings, coordinate, and project manage applications and administration of customer energy efficiency projects.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; experience in writing comprehensive reports, detailed correspondence, recommendations and preparing and delivering internal and external presentations.
- Ability to represent the organization confidently and professionally.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Experience working in a customer relationship management system would be an asset.
- Must have a valid Manitoba Driver’s license.
We’re proud to offer and foster a supportive and team-oriented work environment. We offer a competitive compensation package, which includes a defined-benefit pension plan and access to a comprehensive health benefits plan. We provide the opportunity for virtual work arrangements and have a nine-day work cycle which normally results in every other Monday off.
The starting salary for this position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The salary range for this position is $69,868.56 to $96,714.80 annually.
At Efficiency Manitoba, we’re committed to creating and maintaining a safe, equitable, and inclusive work environment. Women, Indigenous peoples, persons with a disability, and members of visible minorities are encouraged to self-declare in their application. Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants who may experience a barrier arising from a protected characteristic(s) identified in The Manitoba Human Rights Code. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the recruitment process.
We encourage interested candidates to apply by emailing their application including their qualifications and relevant experience to careers@efficiencyMB.ca no later than Wednesday, July 5, 2023. Please reference the position title in the subject line of your email.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on Efficiency Manitoba, candidates are encouraged to visit our website at efficiencyMB.ca.