Mechanical Engineer, Building Science
WSP is currently seeking a Mechanical Specialist, to support our Building Science groups in the GTA and Golden Horseshoe regions. This role involves providing technical support to our local and national Building Science teams. Reporting to the Building Science Director, the successful candidate will individually and as part of the team
- Flexibility - We recognize that our people are faced with multiple challenges, both in their professional & personal lives. WSP has developed a Flexible Work Policy, designed to help our people manage their time on the job and support time away from work.
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- WSP’s commitment to being FutureReady™;
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal, collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
WHAT IF WE CAN?
- What if we can have a work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP – we can!
- WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
- As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
- Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
A Day In The Life….
- You will help the project team understand client needs and goals to prepare winning proposals for Design and Tender services for MEP systems upgrades;
- Perform detailed assessments of building MEP systems to support building condition assessment reports for real estate owners and managers;
- Produce clear and concise written reports to allow our high-profile clients to understand the condition of their real estate assets and plan for their renewal;
- Manage Mechanical restoration projects, including repair, renewal and replacement of HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical systems, including:
- System design and code compliance;
- Production of specification and tender documents and drawings;
- Manage tender process, including coordinating and instructing contractors, sub-consultants and other engineering disciplines;
- Construction review and contract administration;
- Accept responsibility for project tasks, deliverables and outcomes;
- Provide technical support on MEP systems to the Canadian Building Science teams, clients, and their representatives;
- Help develop and deliver training materials in support of team performance, in particular, the application of energy efficiency and sustainable practices within service delivery;
- Contribute to the knowledge systems within the building science practice;
- Assist with business development and other activities as assigned and as required.
We’d love to hear from you if you have….
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology diploma from an accredited institution;
- 3-5 years of direct experience in building MEP systems design, operation, or management;
- Passion for building science, construction, and sustainability;
- Above-average speaking and writing communication skills;
- Proficiency with MS Office;
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills;
- Attention to detail and strong work ethic;
- A team player, amongst energetic, successful people;
- Strong at multi-tasking, organized and adaptable to shifting priorities;
- Valid driver’s license. Access to a vehicle is an asset but not a requirement.
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe and the growing list of our clients including vaccination status as part of their mandated health and safety requirements to work with them, you will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to WSP as a condition of employment. You may also be required to undergo additional immunization to maintain a fully vaccinated status against COVID-19 whenever local Public Health Authorities recommend additional immunization.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.